Youth Pastor – Mount Pleasant/ Student Ministries Pastor of Discipleship
Primary Job Responsibilities: This person will split their time between being the hands-on youth pastor at our Mount Pleasant Campus (grades 6-12) and being responsible for the comprehensive discipleship strategy for all students at Tenth Church (grade 6-age 22).
Hours/ Status: Full-Time (32 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Member of the Tenth Families Team and the Mount Pleasant Campus Team,
reports to the Pastor of Family Ministries.
• Tenth Church Student Ministries Discipleship Strategy
o Partnering with the Pastor of Family Ministries and Pastor of Student Ministries to develop and implement the comprehensive discipleship strategy for students, which flows out of the vision and mission of Tenth Church and Tenth Families (see below). This includes, but is not limited to:
- ▪ Developing or choosing small group curriculum to be used across all sites (most of which have volunteer-led youth programs)
- ▪ Equipping small group leaders to effectively deliver the curriculum and ultimately lead students into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
▪ Incorporating key features: spiritual disciplines, small groups, service. Pleasant Youth Pastor
o Being an active part of the Tenth Church Mount Pleasant community and staff team.
Pastor or Site Pastor for additional support.
o Managing the Mount Pleasant Student Ministries budget.
o Creating an exciting and welcoming Student Ministry space in a multipurpose building.
• Cross-site Sunday Gatherings
o Partnering with site pastors to recruit and develop Sunday student ministry volunteers. o Planning and leading monthly leadership development for Small Group Leaders.
o Ensuring that our safety plan is implemented (Plan to Protect).
o Providing “quality control” for student ministries at each site.
Youth Pastor – Mount Pleasant/
Student Ministries Pastor of Discipleship, June 2017
- Partnering with Parents/Caregivers
o Communicating well with parents about their children and the discipleship strategy of
- Joyfully serving in other areas at Tenth Church as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation
- Theological/Biblical Studies Degree
- Significant work experience with youth and/or students
- A proven track record in leadership development
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities
- Ability to teach/preach/communicate with youth, parents, and volunteers
- Understanding of youth culture and stages of human development
- Can be accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Possesses an authentic, growing faith in Christ
- Must be able to assume responsibility and carry out duties with a minimum supervision.
- Can translate vision into strategy and action
- Has a heart to work with youth and families of varied social, economic, ethnic and spiritual
- Can “think outside of the box” and is not afraid to take calculated risks
- Is a life-long learner
- Possess the ability to engage in effective conflict resolution when necessary.
- Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people.
Tenth Church Vision:
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Families Vision:
Partnering with parents to raise up the next generation of Christ-followers.