Associate Pastor: Director Youth Ministries, Director of Music and Worship
and small groups
General Position Description
The primary focus for this person will be ministry to youth and small groups and coordinating worship. The person will be the primary pastor to people in these areas, providing leadership, spiritual guidance, and mentorship, ensuring that the church functions effectively as a Christian community for these people.
The person will function as an associate pastor on the staff team, reporting to the lead pastor.
- ● Ensuring the provision of program opportunities that will nurture spiritual life and invite people into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- ● Leadership development for people working with youth and small groups as required to encourage and support programs
- ● Coordinating Sunday Morning Worship teams
- ● Leading at least two worship teams
- ● Coordinating Sound and projection teams for Sunday worship
- ● Administration and planning
- ● Mentorship and supervision of volunteer leaders
- ● Developing well equipped and committed teams of volunteers in the youth, worship, and/or
small groups ministries
- ● Integration of people and their giftings into the broader life of the church, e.g. music, drama,
- ● Teaching and equipping
As part of the staff team, this person will share in general pastoral duties and this may include but is not limited to the following:
- ● Prayer for congregation and support of care ministry
- ● Assist with special programs and events
- ● Vision casting and planning along with Lead Pastor
- ● Involvement in Youth programs, Worship Services and Small Groups
- ● Occasional preaching
- ● Connecting with newcomers/visitors
- ● Education: minimum of undergraduate training (further training in pastoral ministry, M.Div. or equivalent preferable)
- ● Ordained or open to ordination through Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
- ● Evidence of successful pastoral ministry, preferably in a team setting
- ● Musical ability
- ● Evidence of a devotional life and of spiritual maturity
- ● Demonstrated ability to lead with integrity, vision, flexibility, and commitment
- ● Demonstrated experience at leadership development
- ● Able to link biblical truth with contemporary culture using effective and relevant
- ● Able to work effectively in a team setting
- ● Good communication and interpersonal skills
Hours per Week
This is a full time position.
Consistent with CBWC guidelines. Details to be negotiated.
- ● The standard application process includes completing a Ministry Information Profile (MIP) and an Emotional Quotient Assessment with the CBWC.
- ● More information about the church is available at www.olivet.bc.ca
For More Information Contact
Dennis Stone at the Settlement Office of the CBWC: firstname.lastname@example.org 1.800.474.6018 or 780.462.2176
Or Laura Nelson at Olivet Baptist Church: email@example.com
Interested applicants please send your MIP to Laura Nelson: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be received up until June 15, 2017